We complain non stop. When we travel to other countries, we also complain. Complain complain complain... complain why other country not like Singapore. -___- We are a hard bunch to be pleased.
How a country should be govern?
1) We have lots people really pissed of at our CPF system.
2) We have people saying Amos Yee's treatment was inhuman.
3) We have people saying this alllll the time, Temasek Holdings lost lots of $$.
1) Looking at stats, how generally most people can't manage $$. You give them a lum sum, how many will just spend it all away? Out of 10, perhaps 9? So when this happens, the govt will have to take care of these idiots. Just look at the lottery winners and how many are back to square one?
2) Well, he literally asked for it. The first time he said he "will be obliged to dance," you may say he did not know what is the condequence, we should cut him some slake. Fine, but the second time when he was bailed and knowing full well of the condition and consequence of his bail term, and still choose to do it. It was no longer the problem of the law been too harsh.
I thought he was VERY clear of the consequence of his action (at least the second time onwards, and he is fully aware of the consequence and still act on it then he should accept the consequences.
Now, the law can be harsh(or you can critising it restrict freedom of speech), BUT if you know full well of the consequence and you have all the power in your own well to comply (it was not even difficult to comply) AND you still choose not to comply, it is no longer the problem with the law anymore.
3) In any investments, there are risk, there sure will be loses. However if the wins are more then the loses, why you make so much noise? Keep focusing on the negative, so typical layman, So far our reserves are quite huge, the money didn't just grow by itself.. why you all complain so much?
So back to the question, how should a country be govern?
I have a very simple solution. There should always be a win- win situation on any policy out there.
If you have a people win and govt lose situation, we end up like Greece.
If you have a govt win and people lose situation, we end up like Malaysia.
There is a fine balance, and we need to think Win - win all the time.
Let me be clear, I'm not a PAP guy, neither I'm pro opposition. I prefer to support the prettiest MP (there goes my credibility)