- Make it your top priority to pay down all of your debt as soon as possible.
- Keep an “emergency fund” — there were tons of horror stories about people getting financially ruined by health issues, lawsuits, divorces, bad business deals, etc.
- Stash away a portion of every paycheck, preferably into invesments or at the least, a savings account.
- Don’t spend frivolously. Don’t buy a home unless you can afford to get a good mortgage with good rates.
- Don’t invest in anything you don’t understand. Don’t trust stockbrokers.
2. Start Taking Care of Your Health Now, Not Later
Health can't be bought. Treat yourself well, you can't choose health or wealth.
3. Don’t Spend Time with People Who Don’t Treat You Well
People typically struggle with boundaries because they find it difficult to hurt someone else’s feelings, or they get caught up in the desire to change the other person or make them treat them the way they want to be treated. This never works. And in fact, it often makes it worse. As one reader wisely said, “Selfishness and self-interest are two different things. Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.”
When we’re in our 20s, the world is so open to opportunity and we’re so short on experience that we cling to the people we meet, even if they’ve done nothing to earn our clingage. But by our 30s we’ve learned that good relationships are hard to come by, that there’s no shortage of people to meet and friends to be made, and that there’s no reason to waste our time with people who don’t help us on our life’s path.
4. Be Good to the People You Care About
5. You can’t have everything; Focus On Doing a Few Things Really Well
I tried doing so much at once, I know if I continue to this path, I will be worn out. Focusing helped me get through the hardest days. There are more efficient ways and more productive methods, there is always a better strategy.
6. Don’t Be Afraid of Taking Risks, You Can Still Change
I have been taking so much about this in my blog. It's something I believe in, as eventually it will be for the better good.
7. You Must Continue to Grow and Develop Yourself
8. Be kind to yourself, respect yourself
Learn to love yourself, once you have done that, loving others makes it a lot more easier. Life becomes simpler, joyful and fulfilling.